Monday 25 November 2013

Apple Brandy is here!

Good morning!

We have just completed the first batch of this year's apple brandy. 

Last year's was a true delight and, I must say, I had more than a little trepidation that with year to year crop variations we might not fly so high. That said, this years crops - as I am sure you will know - have been quite incredible - with so many varieties we were able to refine even on last year's.

Distilled five times. The breadth of apple notes, with layers from caramelised apple tart through to fresh crisp skins punching through a golden rounded finish.  A true delight!

I was a little decadent yesterday with my sauce for my belly of pork: 500ml cider, reduced to syrup, 500ml cox apple juice, reduced to a syrup, 250ml double cream, thicken, 50ml of apple brandy, vapour off and finished with some pork juices.... well that puts me into a middle-distance trance!

If you fancy a super smooth treat its here.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment